What is being done on the ground to help?
Organizations around the world are leading pro-poor, affordable and sustainable sanitation programmes that prioritize the rural areas in developing countries
Programmes focus on:
- Improving sanitation, thus ensuring privacy and dignity for women and girls and enhanced health for all in the family.
- Promoting improved hygiene practices – especially hand washing with soap.
- WASH in schools – improving school environments with separate sanitation facilities for boys and girls.
- Building capacities in communities and partners for sustaining hygienic practices and access to facilities.
- Enhancing children’s participation in WASH activities.
No related posts.